Promises...Delivered!

Few products really seem to deliver on what their brilliant ad campaigns promise.  I love trying any beauty product, really, but very few see a second chance in my bathroom cupboard.  Lip products seem especially fickle...they are relatively inexpensive, easy to transport and even easier to lose!  Glosses end up gloppy or just disappear after an hour, long-stay sticks can be too drying and look crackly/flaky, and regular lipcolors tend to just be a fall/winter grab. 

One that I've been using recently is from NYX: Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo.  It's a soft yet strong retro red, so this shade is not for everyone.  It is not a gloss, even though it applies almost as easily.  The finish is quite literally soft matte.  It's not dry, nor does it leave your lips cakey or chunky, and it lasts and lasts, though a couple of re-apps helped get me through the day at the salon.  I applied, cleaned my lines, blotted with tissue, then applied and blotted again.  (Always worth the extra steps to make almost any lipcream/stick last longer.) 

This is a fun type of lip product but be prepared for touch ups with a mirror!  It definitely required more precision than good ol' gloss.  On the other hand, it didn't look like I was drooling and I felt quite retro-polished and done! 

Cheers to NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream!

Comments

Popular Posts