I Heart Argan!

Argan oil is hot!   Look at any eye-level product on the market shelves to know it is true!  It is in hair treatments, shampoos, conditioners...it' is even infusing in-salon smoothing treatments!  It is in skincare and makeup!  Everywhere!  Love it or loathe it, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil is here to stay!

One of my absolute fave argan oil products is by Josie Maran, a model-turned-green-beauty-entrepreneur.  I purchased my first products from her line almost a year ago, at Sephora in NYC.  I had been hearing about her goodies for a while and could not wait to try them for myself.

I bought a 15ml bottle of the Organic Argan Oil Moisturizer.  It was the cutest little brown bottle with a tiny dropper for easy and efficient use.  It is also free of any perfumes, dyes, preservatives or anything else that could irritate sensitive skin.  I think it cost about $14.  I also got the Argan Pro Blend Concealer, a double-shade concealer which packs a whopping amount of super-silky and blendable product.  That was about $28, but a great value since a very little goes a long way! 

OK, so for the oil, I usually put three drops on my face as soon as I get out of the shower.  It adds an instant glow and soaks in fast.  That seems to be enough moisture during the warm months, but I have found I need another layer of moisturizer after a few minutes during the harshest winter times.  If nothing else, the extra layer locks in the oil's healing properties.  Now other than using it as a facial moisturizer, I have used this as a blow-dry serum, cuticle balm and hand moisturizer.  It is also purported to be a great body moisturizer...

...which I finally used it for yesterday as part of my Oil Series experiment.  I quickly rubbed it all over my body, including my super-dry faux-eczema patch on my hip, and my invisible-to-husband-but-scary-there-to-me stretchmarks on my belly (thanks, kids!)  You ready for the results from a first-time use?  (No pics, I promise...)

Oh my goodness, I don't have a dry patch on my body!  I kid you not, the patch on my hip no longer exists!!  As for the stretch marks, well, really, is there any way to get rid of those?  (No, really, know of anything?!)  I used about 45-60 drops, or roughly half of my new, tiny bottle that I just opened.  I will definitely be using it tomorrow after my shower again, even though I will need a new bottle of this liquid miracle ASAP!  My legs have also stopped feeling tight and itchy!  I'm going to try this on my son's eczema spots next!

As I said earlier about the concealer, the product is very soft and blendable.  I used to apply and blend with my ring finger or a sponge, but now I'm obsessed with using the awesome Deluxe Crease Brush from Real Techniques.  No matter how you use it, the concealer has a beautiful finish and just works so well.  I love it.

So far we are olive oil, zero, argan oil, one!  Keep playing and let me know if you have any experience with argan or any other oils!
L

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, dear SW! I am totally obsessed right now! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts