Olive you! Olive you, too!

One of my favorite clients moved for a new job about two years ago.  I still remember her color formula (Paul Mitchell the Color 3NA/20 vol.), her soft and smooth caramel-colored skin, and the Italian beauty secret she used to keep it that way...yup, olive oil.  I guess she was technically old enough to be my mother, but she didn't seem it or look it (once we covered her grey!)


I finally asked her once what she did/used on her skin.  She seemed surprised that I thought her skin was so nice!  She told me whenever she cooked she just rubbed a little olive oil into her hands, on her lips, her face, and that was her completely nonchalant answer!!!  Sometimes she added some to the bath water, but it was a pain to clean up.  She told me of a spa treatment she had had that was a bath in a vat of olive oil! 

I used to use a little warm olive oil on my daughter's scalp when she had cradle cap.  Months of store-bought treatments (even a stinky organic lotion for the condition) did nothing for it.  Two baby-scalp massages with the golden oil, and nary a scale remained!  I have long recommended it for clients with dry scalp (if other treatments didn't seem to help and it wasn't a dermatologist/medical issue.)  A coworker recommends it for alopecia spots (Note: We are not doctors! Cosmetologists! Use common sense and see a medical professional if you have weird scalp or skin things!).  I have hairdresser hands, an alopecia spot, dry patches on my body, oy! What a mess!

Close up of "eww"hand!

So I'll start with using olive oil on my hands.  I also want to do a scalp/hair moisturizing treatment with it.  I will brush my hair thoroughly, part small sections, apply oil with a clean tint brush, pull oil through ends, top with plastic cap and let it soak for awhile.  Sounds delish!

Here's to silky, not greasy, hair and skin!
Ciao, bella!

Comments

  1. I love olive oil! Its soo good for us!!!

    http://SwBeautifulLife.blogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this as well! It's really good as a makeup remover as well.
    Im a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts