Sample Society: April Favorites

April's Sample Society
April's Sample Society shipment was a skincare winner! This is what came to my doorstep!
  • OSCAR BLANDI  Jasmine Oil Serum
  • BOSCIA  Purifying Cleansing Gel
  • DDF  Amplifying Elixir
  • MURAD  Hybrids Skin-Perfecting Primer (for acne and shine control)
  • BY TERRY  Creme de Rose

I haven't used the Murad or the Oscar Blandi products yet.  My skin is (thankfully) not acne-prone or shiny right now, so I will be giving the Murad to a girlfriend to try, and the hair oil I will be trying in conjunction with other similar products at another time.  The goodies I have been loving are the rest!

By Terry Creme de Rose
I was really excited to try this By Terry cream (brand's founder Terry de Gunzburg was the creator of cult fave YSL Touche Eclat!)  because I have been looking for a new moisturizer since using up my Olay Microsculpting Cream. 

The cream has a mild rose scent (which I normally can't stand that smell but this is soft and dissipates quickly,) and is thick and rich without being greasy.  It says it is for firming, moisturizing and plumping, though I didn't notice any firming or plumping.  It made my skin feel soft and comfortable which is really what I want at night.  I will use the rest of the tube, but I'm not sure it is a must for repurchase at this point.

DDF Amplifying Elixir
I had only seen DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula) in my Ulta fliers on occasion, but never looked at trying the expensive line.  This Amplifying Elixir claims bold results, so I was excited to try it.  It is supposed to be used in conjunction with your skincare regiment to boost your skin's moisture barrier by up to 70%, but on the website it says it boosts your routines results by up to 47%. 

The first time I used it without reading the directions.  Never a good plan, but I managed to put it on after cleansing and before moisturizing all the same.  Based on the sample's packaging I didn't expect it to come out so watery, so I used way too much the first time.  I thought it would have a more serum-like texture so I found it a little harder to control the application.  I didn't notice a huge difference in my moisture barrier.

The second (and last) time I used it my skin felt stung for a little while, which I never enjoy.  The other products in my lineup were exactly the same as before, so I don't know if it meant it was working or not.  I want to try it again consistently to see if I do see an overall change in my skin.  This sample size is 0.5 oz and should last for at least a week to be able to see promised results.  The jury is still out, though I really want this to work for me!

boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
I love a regular, foaming face wash that doesn't contain scrubber beads or acne fighters for my everyday skin cleanser.  I just want to get all of my makeup (including mascara) in one non-irritating step.  This is a great one!  It smells clean, is preservative-free and makes my skin feel really clean without making it feel tight.  I really like this super-concentrated product and I'm glad the sample is almost two ounces!




I just received my May Sample Society box yesterday, so here is a sneak peek:
Ooooh!
Cheers to sampling all the goodies in life!
L

Comments

  1. Great products, I'd really love to try some By Terry products :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts