A Bump in the Road...Zits.

Golden (flawless) glow...MIA, boo!
So I miss this skin, you know, from just a couple of months ago?  I know the big 3-5 is crrrrreeeeeeepin' up on me, but I did not intend to court adult-onset acne!  I don't think that is necessarily what is happening to me right now, but I am suffering from the worst case of bumps/pimples/annoying eruptions I have ever experienced in my life.  I have always felt grateful for good skin, as somehow I have been lucky in that area.  I have always had sincere empathy for my friends and clients who have had trouble with acne.  And now my heart really goes out to the girls and guys who suffer from the embarrassing effects of acne, in all its forms.
Ol' Faithful!
I am reaching for my favorite at-home peel again, but let me tell you what is going on, first.  For about the last three or four weeks, I have had multiple eruptions on my chin, at first, and then on my left cheek.  I have had the stray pimple on my chin almost monthly (damn you, menses!) for the last two decades!!!  But I have NEVER had more than one random pimple on my cheek every once in a great while before this last month.  I am talking, six or seven, concurrent, rotten, mean, ouchy zits, all over these areas for a solid month.  And then I try to "fix" them, treat them, cover them, ignore them, berate them...you get the gist, right?  So frustrating!  What is going on here?

****FLASH***flash***FLASH***  Yeah, so almost one month ago, I started taking 1,000 mcg of Biotin daily, which, according to the Rexall bottle I have is, "an essential B vitamin that is involved in the intermediate metabolism of carbohydrates.*  Biotin also assists in protein and fat metabolism and supports healthy skin, hair and nails.*  *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

I started taking this supplement because I wanted to boost my hair and nail strength and growth.  And it totally seem(ed)s to be working.  With.  Just.  One.  Problem...Zits.  That nothing controls. (Elle Fowler, of http://www.elleandblair.com/ said she had trouble with breakouts from this previously, but I thought, "Not me?!")

I know you're thinking...product overload?  Checked.  Cellphone attachment?  Checked.  Clean pillowcases?  Checked.  Midlife crisis?  Checked.  The only thing that I have changed from my normal life-routine is the supplement.  So I've stopped taking it.  It's only been two days since I quit, and I already have fewer new eruptions.  And I'm PMS-ing now.  With fewer zits.  That SENTENCE is weird to say, so that has to mean something, you know?

So I grabbed my REN peel, my Biore Ice acne cleanser, and my not-too-much-change-at-once philosophy and we'll see what happens next.  I am aiming for that golden glow, once more.  STAT!

Cheers to not thinking about acne,
L

Comments

  1. This actually just happened to me, except that I took Vitamin B12. It was working great for my energy etc. with one problem: zits. I googled it and apparently, acne is a common side effect of Vitmain B12 which I'm assuming is probably in Biotin (which is also in prenatal vitamins). Anyway, like you, since I stopped taking 1000 Vitamin B12 my zits have stopped appearing. I drink Emergen-C packets now, which seems to have just the right balance of vitamins for me. Give that a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your info! I thought I might be losing my mind! I can't find your blog address anywhere...send me a link, please? Xoxo L

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts