Vintage Hair: Victory Rolls and Pin Curls

This morning I filmed a tutorial on how to use pin curls and foam rollers to create a vintage, retro hairstyle!

I realized most of us have never worked with these old-school styling aids, and our finished styles are in no way like the polished, glamorous daily styles from generations gone by.

Today I created victory rolls, a style that was all the rage during the war, getting their name from the pursuit of, you guessed it, winning the war.

So many styles seem difficult, but really once you have the foundation, creating these looks is simple and fun.

I will have the video up ASAP, so until then,

Cheers to victorious pin curling!
L

Comments

  1. I love retro vintage hairstyles they are so cute! I wish I could pull something like this off with my hair it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing! Not sure I could master it as well as you, but I love that sort of style :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much easier on curled, second-day hair! And practice makes better! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. You could totally pull it off, but you could even start out with something a bit more comfy like a ponytail/French twist and a bandana ! Thanks for leaving your comment, Ash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts