Sample Society First Wear: Lord & Berry kohl-liner; Nicole Richie Fragrance


Today was my first try with two products from my January 2013 Sample Society box! Here's what I used and what I think about them!


#1001 Black SILK kajal kohl-liner from Lord & Berry. Retail $15

This kohl liner wasn't overly soft when first applying. It seemed to drag a bit, but just until the coating came off ( many pencils have a bit of a waxy layer that needs to be rubbed off first...try swiping it across the back of your hand, which also warms the product up.)

The color was dark and rich black, without the blue or gray you can get with many black pencils. Once applied the color stayed in place extremely well, no smearing or smudging all over the place. It didn't work as well on the water line, but it wasn't terrible.

This eyeliner had great longevity, and still looks great tonight! I am looking forward to working with it more!


Nicole Richie Fragrance Eau de Parfum Spray. Retail $69

The enclosed description of this perfume sample goes like this: a sensual, feminine scent layered with notes of blackberry, rose and creamy, golden amber. My description? Totally delicious! It's warm and creamy, sweet but not cloying.

Most "celebrity" scents seem to have that same kind of sweet warmth lately, which I like, but they also fade quite fast. The same is true with this scent, though I am still catching hints of it when I move.

This is such a nice fragrance, but for the price, I don't think it's quite unique enough that I would purchase the full-sized version.


Cheers to trying more of the products from the January 2013 Sample Society box o' love!
L

Heres a pic of the eye look I wore today, using the new liner, and a link to my post about this month's Sample Society!
http://beautybylindsay.blogspot.com/2013/01/january-2013-sample-society.html?m=1


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts