Revlon 3D Volume vs. L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly

I used each of these mascaras separately for a week at a time.
3D Volume from Revlon. Plastic bristled brush separated lashes nicely, and the formula built up quite well after 3-4 coats. Nice volume, though still seemed to take a whole lot of time and coats to get there.

 Voluminous Butterfly from L'oreal. Also plastic bristles, but in the craziest asymmetrical, wing-like brush. Not as sharp when jabbed in eyeball. Quite pleased with this formula, though it is from the same family that I already adore.  I still prefer regular bristles and this took a few coats to really fatten up my lashes, but it built brilliantly without getting ugly! (Photo is actually 7 coats!!)

The fabulosity of the Butterfly brush shoots the Voluminous product way over the winner's line, but I like the performance of the formula better than the 3D anyway.  I've never used any other Revlon mascara, but this was a great entree to their line for me.  

Let's see what happens next week in the Drugstore Mascara Showdown!  Until then watch this first try and review of the aforementioned winner, L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara!



Cheers,
Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts