First Conditioning Treatment of the Pinterest-Hair Journey!

Ok, so I'm putting it ALL out here for you, now!  This is post-conditioning treatment, post 2-hours outside in 12 degree snow-day weather, post-shower, no makeup, and possible Sarcoidosis skin-flareup on my face...

Before I got all bundled up for snow fun with the kiddos, I slathered Coconut Oil all through my dry hair and wrapped it up under my North Face ski cap.  Then I spent the next two hours hiking and playing in the 7+inches of snow all around our house!!  We even hiked up the trail through our woods, which made me smile from ear to ear!!!

When we came in from the frigidity, I took a lusciously hot shower, washed my oiled hair once with Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry Shampoo, then once with TIGI Bed Head Urban anti-dotes level 2 shampoo, and conditioned with the same TIGI conditioner.  I wrapped my hair in a towel turban for about 10 minutes, then let the locks air dry.

I love the way Coconut Oil leaves my hair super-silky when it dries!  Full disclosure for the condition of my hair (brief version): I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, a fairly rare autoimmune disease in early March 2013, and I'm currently taking the drugs methotrexate and prednisone, which can cause hair loss and dryness, as well as other nasty side effects.  I'm sure you have noticed my weight fluctuation over the last nine months, and it hasn't been for a baby, haha!

My goal is to have long, gorgeous, luscious locks by Christmas 2014, but this will not be a normal hair-growth year for me.  I have a lot of short regrowth (thank goodness it is coming back!) and my hair overall is extremely thin and fragile.  I have switched from lightened haircolor to a darker, more gentle demi-permanent color.  I have always had silky, abundant, fast-growing hair, and it has been a "jagged little pill" to quote Alanis Morissette, to have to start dealing with weird hair side-effects in addition to a very uncomfortable and upsetting disease.  Ugh.

So on this journey, I will be taking you and my medicines, my friend Erin who is also trying to get long hair, and random Pinterest-inspired hair-growth treatments...along with my 12 years of experience as a professional hairstylist, we'll see where we get by December 2014, eh?

Cheers to snow days, Pinterest and Cosmetology licensure!
Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts