Pinterest Hair: Olive Oil Treatment

As I sautéed onions and garlic in olive oil for spaghetti sauce yesterday, I thought, "This is the perfect time to do a hair treatment!"  No? Sure, once I got the rest of my sauce together and turned down the heat, I nuked 1/4 cup of the golden goodness and grabbed a haircolor brush, a towel and set up my Sony in my bathroom!


I applied the warmed oil to my scalp first, taking about 1 inch partings.
     

Next, applied it throughout the ends of my dry and thirsty locks.
Then I wrapped my hair in a warm towel and per the post I found on Pinterest, I held my head upside down for 4 minutes, and left the oil on for at least 10 minutes.  (Being upside makes the blood rush to your follicles, increasing absorption, supposedly.)

When my time was up, I rinsed with warm water, shampooed and conditioned.  Then I dried my hair a bit and relaxed with my family over a nice meal!


My hair was super-shiny, didn't smell too bad, but was a little extra greasy today.  All good, I cleaned and helped my hubs with some work, and took a nice hot shower. I washed and conditioned my hair, letting it air dry.  It feels sooo silky! I might have to make spaghetti every day! Haha!

Cheers to hot olive oil,
Lindsay


Comments

Popular Posts