The Year of Trying>>>

So this year, I was going to be a mega-blogger, make a ton of videos for my Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/beautybylindsayc) and dominate in my own world every day!  And I started out fairly strong...but life totally took control.

We lost my stepdad unexpectedly right before last Christmas, and I took a lot of time to help my mom navigate her new landscape of loss.  My beloved chocolate Lab/Rottweiler mix, Lila Jane, became gravely ill, and I took care of her until she passed at the end of March.  I've been trying my best to make our new house a loving and joyful home each day I get to wake up, and the rest was pretty much laundry.  For real, we have enough laundry for a family of 13.

I found myself feeling really guilty for ignoring my blogs and YT channel, like I was letting some huge legion of fans down...I do have a few followers, to whom I am always grateful for their support...but really I knew I was allowing myself to let go of those little things that I really found joy in, outside of my children and family.  But I readily pushed those things aside so I could take care of my loved ones.  And I will never feel guilty about that.

I want to keep writing, but writing for real can be a painful journey.  Life will always get in the way but I love writing about it, nonetheless.  So I hope you will still check in and see what I've been up to.  I can't promise new and exciting beauty or life threads every day, or even every week, but I don't plan on giving this up.

Thank you! Enjoy the holidays with your loved ones!  See you in the New Year!

Much love,
Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts