Revival of the Fittest

Hello, Beauties!

Welcome back to my cozy, little, happy-space! I have recently experienced the best hiatus from social media/video-making/worrying that any girl could imagine. My salon just reached its second birthday, the hubby and I have committed to eating as healthy as possible (and feel so much better!), and school is out for the summer.

I didn't really decide to do a big "shut down," but just kind of let it happen. I felt completely overwhelmed and under-focused, and just unsure of the direction some paths seemed to be taking me. I have to say it worked better than I expected. I feel that old spark of motivation coming back, with renewed purpose and direction. I highly recommend a little tech break, even if it makes you feel like you're totally missing out.

I ran in the Glassfest 8K again this Memorial Day weekend. This is usually my rip-off-the-bandage race for the Wineglass Half-Marathon at the end of September. Earlier in the year, I started doubting my drive to run the half again this year, as the training schedule is a pretty big commitment. But then I remembered that it is actually a big commitment to taking care myself--something I tend to put last on the ol' list. So when I completed the race in May and realized that I still totally loved being out there, even though I was a bit out of shape, it rekindled my enthusiasm for prepping for Wineglass.

I have some definite obstacles for training, but I have some solutions for these road blocks this year. My treadmill died in early March, but if I run the school's track during Gabey's All-Star Baseball practices I should be able to get most of my (boring) weekly mileage. As for my ever-hateful long runs? I've secured the hubby's promise to ride his bike along with me for the longer distance weeks. We'll see...

Sooo, I'm going to be a beast this summer, you just wait! LOLOLOL!!! Perhaps not, but I do feel like I've got a little goal set aside just for me...

Hope your summer is looking hooootttt!!!!!

xx,
Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts