How Texture Affects Color on NBR

That Smile is EVERYTHING!! Gretchen was so exhilarated with her new NBR in! And it is absolutely fantastic!! BUT, my perfectionist brain was in overdrive with her case. I have used the term "case study" because Gretchen is one of the four beauties who let me start my NBR journey on their heads!!

So, even though I had been training and practicing since October, real life is always a little different than what you think! Yesterday, I talked about how Gretchen's natural texture lived quite differently than the extension hair. Today, I'd like to explain how that can affect the final color!

**Click the link to apply for NBR Today!


**

When Gretchen's hair is blown out smooth, the overall color is seamless and very natural looking. Soft dimension, richness and pops of light make it a beautiful color finish. But remember me saying her extensions were more textured than her natural hair if left wavy? Well, what happens to the color then is quite interesting. The curl/wave pattern creates extra shadowing and a darker, cooler overall color look. This, combined with the texture difference was enough to drive me bonkers!

None of this was really an issue for Gretchen, as we worked to create my ideal finish for her NBR. She generally left her hair natural, and wore it in a nice fat braid for work. It was really just a problem I wanted to conquer. And conquer, we did!!


Don't let your hair be the boss! Click my link to see how NBR can make your hair goals a reality!



Comments

Popular Posts