If It Was Just Hair...

Two Full Rows of 18" NBR

One Full Row of NBR

Two Full Rows of 18" NBR


Hello, Beauties!

The one thing I have learned during my 17-year career as a hairstylist, it's this: It is not just hair.
Even though I tend to be a little fun and a lot professional at work, I do genuinely care for each of the people who sit in my chair. When you are touching another human, you are creating a connection. I don't take this role lightly. I know that for some of my guests, I am sometimes the only human touch they have in life. It is sobering to understand how vital this interaction can be to people.

Sometimes, my guests are so overwhelmed by being the caretaker in their lives, that the time in my chair is the only time they get to focus on taking care of themselves. For a couple of hours every six to eight weeks, this is their time.

And when it comes to what their hair means to my guests, I can relate to wanting to hold on to each millimeter, as well as being ready to shave my head bald when something else in life is going sideways. It is the emotional barometer for our lives.

So, if my job was just doing hair, I would not be the person I am today. My job has shaped my views on relationships and the role that hair plays in someone's confidence. Trust me when I tell you, I know it's not just about the hair.

If you've wondered what better hair can change for your life, click the link in my bio to fill out my application for Natural Beaded Rows Extensions. I will help you love your hair, and possibly more of your life.

xx,
Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts