Easy DIY Blowout







Hello, Beauties!

How amazing would it be to lie back in the shampoo bowl, the luscious lather from Moroccanoil Hydrating shampoo cascading down your scalp and tired, quarantined hair, enveloping your senses in every way?

Sister, I HEAR THIS in my soul!

I know you want me to blend your sparklies, bring sunshine ribbons to your dull winter hair, and give you the best Mom Scrub ever...but until we can safely enjoy our salon experience together, we will have to make do at home.

Before you can create a beautiful blowout, you have to start with healthy hair--and that means protecting and nurturing it from the inside out.  I love all of the Moroccanoil products, because they work in harmony to do just that.  My customized product line up for my easy, at-home blowout is this:

Wash with Hydrating Shampoo, follow with the Color Depositing Mask in Champagne
Spritz with Protect & Prevent, layer with a full pump of Original treatment, and work both through
One pump of Hydrating Styling Cream worked into lengths, brush through with a soft bristled brush

Once my product is worked through, I use my dryer and my hands to "wrap dry" my hair in back and forth sections, focusing on the root area. This allows for faster, more organized drying. I don't put my head upside down to create volume, since I get dizzy just turning around! I have a couple of other tricks for that!

I don't touch my hair with a styling brush until it's about 90% dry. Then I just use it to bend, smooth, and polish! Very simple, once you get the hang of things. But don't worry--it's okay if you need to turn your dryer off and put your tools down in between sections. Nobody is good at this in the beginning!

I hope this helps you feel a little more confident with your blowout technique! If you have any questions, just leave me a comment! Especially if you need help figuring out which products are perfect for your customized blowout! And let me know if you're looking for other tips and tricks! I'm here to support YOU!

And don't forget to click on my website for information on appointments and Natural Beaded Rows Extensions, and lots more!! See you soon!

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts