Cute Second-Day Hair

 Hello, Beauty!


If you have ever sat in my chair, we've had the conversation about how often you wash your hair. Probably more than twice. Sometimes it goes smoothly, and I nod with a pleasant smile as you answer. Most often, I inadvertently scowl and start shaking my head with disapproval. That's for the gals who swear they have to wash their hair every. single. day.

When I'm doing a consultation, my guest is often looking for something that makes her life easier, feels full and bouncy, requires zero maintenance, and always looks like she's just stepped out of my salon. Perfect, let me grab my magic wand, brb! Kidding, no I do sometimes say that, but when they tell me they have to wash and style their hair every day, I know I am about to give them a new life with a super-simple change.

I have heard it all...

I have really bad bed head. I get too sweaty. My hair is so oily. I feel gross. Believe me, I totally get it, and there are certainly some situations where you may just be an almost-every-day shampooer. I'm not saying to never wash your hair, I'm asking you to try washing it less often. I usually recommend no more than two to three shampoos per week.

The biggest thing to remember is that your skin produces its protective layer of oil on an as needed basis. So if you wash your hair every day, you are stripping away the fresh layer of protection, and your scalp will produce more to fill the need. It is all about creating a balanced environment.

Your hair actually needs the natural oils your scalp produces to move down the hair shaft in order to keep it supple and pliable. You could be making your hair issues, like dryness or brittleness, worse by washing your hair too much! Once you start shifting your daily shampoo habit, your scalp will readjust oil production within a couple weeks. And I'll teach you everything else you need to know at your next appointment!

Here is an easy and fast way to make your second-day hair look super cute and polished. You literally need a headband/scarf and a curling iron or wand. And two minutes, I swear!


If you have any questions you'd like answered, comment below! I want to make your life easier, and give you the confidence that comes with knowing you look your best!

xx,

Lindsay


Interested in extensions? Click here to learn more about NBR at Strands Salon:

https://www.strandssaloncorning.com/nbr-extensions

Comments

Popular Posts