NBR Tips If Your Salon Has To Shut Down

 Hello, Beauties!

It's a scary thought, but there is a chance that your salon may be shut down temporarily again due to the pandemic, or has been shutdown again, already. It was a long shutdown in the spring, and I'm grateful to have been open since June. However, I'm writing this on day "I don't know" of my county-issued Mandatory 14-day Quarantine due to a guest testing positive for the virus.

Our county is not messing around, and even though I wear the required mask and face shield, as well as follow all other guidelines, I'm on house arrest. I know it's for public safety, and of course I'm following the directive. It does worry me that our area's salons could be thrown into lockdown again, so I want to be as proactive as I can just in case this year ends with a really, really long holiday vacation from the salon.

If you've been in my salon at any point since June, you know that my approach to each appointment is that I leave you with hair that allows for flexible maintenance. This is literally the reason I created the Luxury Lived-In Color Package, so your hair color is believable and has longevity, and you always have a treatment and a trim no matter what. 

Now, my Natural Beaded Rows girls know that's how I've done their color, but we also have a few other things to remember if we're forced to go past the regular maintenance window.


Here are the main things to remember:

  1. Brush thoroughly before bed and before shampooing, holding the top of your row
  2. Hydrate! Use your recommended products as instructed
  3. Sometimes your hair isn't dry, but the texture needs to be smoothed--you'll get the best results when you complete your full blow out routine on hair wash day!
  4. Brush, oil, and loose twist or braid before bed
  5. Your rows will be loose--DON'T PICK AT ANYTHING!
  6. I know it's annoying, but KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR HAIR!
  7. If hair slips out of a bead or two, it's ok--the rest of your row will still support it
  8. Don't forget the bobby pin trick to tame a flapper!
  9. Wear your hair low and loose as opposed to high and tight

I promise we will get you taken care of asap, but if you feel you need to remove your rows at home, I will video chat you through what to do. DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THEM WITHOUT ME! 

Ok, promise me you'll stay home as much as you can, wear a mask when you go out, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts