How To Hide Short Hair When You Wear Extensions




Hello, Beauty!

Ok, so now that you've decided to go all in on wearing luxury hair extensions, whether they are NBR® (my most used method), or a concealed bead method like Harper Ellis (also certified!), IBE, or any kind of "handtied" or beaded row method, you may have some shorter pieces to blend in for awhile.

While I would love to say every guest has long, perfect hair for extensions clearly that's not going to be the case. I use extensions to create the illusion of long, perfect hair...while your natural hair catches up. So during our consultation, I will always be up front about how well I expect your natural hair to blend, and if there will be anything you need to pay attention to when styling at home.

For instance, if you have shorter layers throughout your hair, you may need to wear your extensions curled instead of straight in order to create the most seamless results while those shorter pieces gain some length. Then you can usually move into a softer, smoother style. I always make sure you know how much work you've got ahead of you before you make the commitment to extensions!

Another big thing I see is when we're adding length to shorter, or more blunt hair, it can be a bit more difficult to blend the natural hair underneath the extensions...it can pop out or just be more visible than we like. If that's happening, I usually recommend making a mini ponytail with your own hair at your nape until it gets longer. If it's long but just blunt, I can soften up the texture a bit or you just need to make sure you curl those pieces separately so they can blend into the curled extensions more easily.

No matter what, I will tell you if your hair is too short to get a good blend, but I have been known to practice  wizardry on short hair. 😉 These are simple tricks that make your overall experience feel more amazing, and it keeps you feeling confident that nobody can tell you're wearing extensions! (As long as that color and cut are seamless, too...but I'll save those for another day!)

Want to learn more about me, my salon, or the extensions I offer? Click here to watch my mini films. And if you have any questions, comment below!


 

Comments

Popular Posts