Jenn: Extension Maintenance Appointment

You're probably wondering why she's so happy...
 

Yes, you guessed it. Jenn is obsessed with her hair. I've taken care of her color/extensions for almost a year now. She was a transfer guest from another girl who was in the DKW Styling Academy, and travels about 4 hours for me to take care of her. That may seem like a lot just for hair, but you have to understand that what I do isn't just "extensions." I have continued my NBR® education to the absolute highest level over the past three years, and am one of the first officially Licensed NBR® Artists in the country. 

So back to the details of what an extension maintenance appointment looks like. What's that even mean? With NBR®, your natural hair keeps growing and your life gets lived. After a time, things get looser, and we need to do what's called a "move up" or "tightening." This is usually every six to eight weeks. NBR® was created to work extremely well with fine, slippery natural hair, and is the most secure beaded row method I've used so far. 

The first thing we do is remove your rows. Jenn wears three rows for maximum fullness and fluff. Removal is fast since we just need to snip the thread and open the beads--no sticky tapes or bonds to mess with. I assess your natural hair, scalp, and extensions to ensure everything is healthy and in good shape, and decide what needs to be done with the color. I grab a couple of "before" photos, and then we get started with your color. We color the extensions separately from your natural hair because they usually need different things than your own hair, and we can get a super seamless blend with minimal hassle!

Your extensions are colored, washed, and dried while your haircolor is processing. Not a minute of your appointment is wasted! We know how valuable your time is, so we make sure you can enjoy your visit. Jenn usually brings her laptop so she can catch up on her fave Netflix shows while I work on her. I've gotten addicted to many series thanks to her! This time it was "Selling Sunset" and I'm obsessed! Oh, there's also plenty of drinks and snacks, and don't forget the chill house music and aromatherapy. It's like a spa day for your hair!

With color finished, I get to work on beading the foundation. Like I mentioned, there are no tapes or bonds to deal with, I create the track by attaching minimal points of contact using just thread and tiny beads. Next, I clip the row to the foundation track, and I stitch it in place using thread. I just stitch to the thread that's between the beads--not into your natural hair, nor to your scalp😜 If I need to make any adjustments to the cut, I'll take some time for that before we curl and finish your style.

Arguably one of my favorite parts of the appointment is taking the "after" photos. Now, I know you don't always love getting your picture taken, but by this point in the visit, you're going to FEEL LIKE A GODDESS. And if you're not feeling super comfortable, I'll just take a couple so I have them for my marketing. But once you're out of your shell, we get to do some super fun pictures, where I get to see your personality in full swing! Like the photo of Jenn, above? I changed everything about the way I approach the "after" and it made all the difference! She's just so stunning!!

I feel such pride when I see how happy and blissful my girls are after their appointments! I have worked really hard to create a comfortably luxurious experience, and I want you to know how incredibly lucky I feel to help women feel beautiful and confident every day. 

Want to see what I'm talking about? Watch my mini films to learn more about Luxury Extensions at Strands Salon. Click HERE.




Comments

Popular Posts