You Are Enough

 

I'll be your biggest cheerleader.

Hey, there. I'm just checking in on you. I wanted to pay a little love forward, and I'll share why. Recently, a client (friend, at this point) sent me a note in the mail. A real stamp and envelope kind of thing. And in it, she wanted to let me know I was enough, always.

Our conversations we have with others always come from the perspective of how we speak to ourselves--but not in the way you think. For me personally, I am always more kind and supportive to other women than I am to myself. It's something I've been working on for several years, but especially since beginning my journey as a Licensed NBR Artist. We do a deep, painful dive into the stories we live in, and how they block us from living the life we truly want. In a nutshell, we try to learn how to be nicer to ourselves so we can be fully present in our lives.

During this process, I've realized how incredible it is to share confidence with the women I take care of in my salon. But sometimes good hair isn't all we need--so I quite literally cheer you on in every part of your life, at least what you'd like to share with me. I honor your journey, and I appreciate your openness. But I realize that sometimes I don't do that for myself. The last couple of months have been a bit of a struggle in that area.

It was a really welcomed moment, reading this note from Sarah. We have seen so many changes over the last 15 or so years together. We've been able to share deeply personal situations, and learn from each other. Her reminding me of my worthiness was just what I needed. So I'm making sure you know that today and each day, no matter what, you are enough.

We need to take care of each other.

Comments

Popular Posts